Sunday, December 20, 2009

I said YES!!!

Well, it finally happened.  After 6 years of dating and putting up with my constant engagement and wedding talk, Mike finally proposed last night!  I was shocked to say the least.  I knew that he was going to propose this month, but I was sure he was going to do it on Christmas Eve or Christmas.  We spent all day yesterday looking at new places to live with my mom and a realtor, and afterwards we hung out at my mom's for a while.  We went home because Mike said he wasn't feeling well.  Once we got home he asked if I would go pick up diner and get him some medicine.  I hate doing those things, but luckily I agreed without any attitude :) haha.  When I got back I sat down on the floor so I could watch tv and eat diner.  I ate all my food and was starting to work on Mike's and I think that is when he started to panic.  He walked towards the kitchen and was pretending to do stuff like wash dishes, etc hoping I would look that way.  Finally in mid strawberry bite I noticed a bright green package sticking out from under the tree skirt in the back of the tree.  I looked at Mike and asked "what is that?"  I kept asking him and he kept saying "I dont know, its not from me, etc".  I grabbed the gift from under the tree and of course it was to me from "santa" haha.  I asked if I could open it and by this time I think I was already starting to shake haha.  He said yes, and when I opened it there was a dress inside.  I had purchased this dress about a month ago and told Mike to make sure I wore THIS dress when he asked me to marry him (I know Im crazy, dont judge!).  He told me to put it on, so of course I did and when I turned around he was on one knee and asked me to marry him!  I was crying and freaking out of course!  I think I may have screamed a LOT, especially when I saw the ring!  It was such a sweet moment, and I couldn't be happier.  I cannot wait to start wedding planning and start our new life together as husband and wife! 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment